LOCATION AND CAMPUS FACILITIES
Pinnacle of Success International School is located at Ekoumdoum - a neighbourhood in Yaounde, capital of Cameroon. The school is laid out within a fenced 2000m2 parcel of land along the Ekoumdoum to Nkomo main asphalt road. (Insert map of location)
• At full establishment, the school premises shall comprise two story buildings with 30 spacious classrooms each equipped with overhead projectors and sound systems
• 40 ultra modern toilets and washing facilities
• 2 State of the art libraries
• 2 Computer Laboratories with internet services
• 1 Science Laboratory
• 2 Staff rooms per building
• 1 Canteen with lunch packs (optional for an additional fee)
• An infirmary with a qualified and experienced nurse
• Extra-curricular activities involve numerous cultural opportunities in which learners can participate and such activities include the following :
- Music Department with a Symphonic Brass Band: Pinnacle has a lively music department, which provides every learner with the opportunity to perform wholeheartedly and to develop their musical talents. The band consists of a full brass- and woodwind section along with percussion players. Instruments include: flutes, clarinets, soprano-, alto- and tenor saxophones, trumpets, E Flat horns, trombones, tubas, an electric bass guitar and a drum kit. Students are allowed to participate in the band as soon as they can produce a pure tone (no age restriction). The band is involved in accompanying the school choir and is often invited to perform at school-, sport- and cultural functions. The band also accompanies singing during Assembly. Weekend camps shall be held regularly where the learners’ technical skills are fine-tuned. Amongst others, professional musicians are invited to evaluate and train the students on these camps.
- Choirs: We plan to run two choirs, namely the Senior Choir (Grade 4 – 6) and the Junior Choir (Grade 1, 2, 3). While the Junior Choir does not sing in harmonic voices, they learn songs in a variety of languages. The choir not only enhances the love for singing, but also forms an integral part of each child’s educational balance. Auditions are held for students interested in becoming choir members.
- Clubs / sports: Learners are encouraged to adhere to a minimum of two of the following club activities offered at Pinnacle; Journalism and creative writing, Environment, Arts and craft, Karate/Nabbed/Judo, Table tennis, Cookery
Outings / events: During the first term we have a picnic where the parents get to know each other and the teachers. The high light of the second term is the Fun Fare where learners can sell their own products for own gain. The third term is known for the concert and a visit to the Zoo.
- Infrastructure, Security and Safety Aspects
- To enhance the safety and security of all attendants, two stair cases are provided at both extremities of the building and both the stairs and verandas are fitted with round poles extending from the handrail to the ceiling providing a fall prevention measure.
- The school compound has a perimeter fence served by lockable gates. Vehicular circulation is not permitted within the school premises during opening hours except in the event of an emergency.
- A car park and turning point is set up along the main road pavement and traffic wardens / flagmen employed to control traffic.
- Fire drills and emergency response drills shall be conducted monthly in the school.